Top 30 Questions to Ask Your Date
Since you only have six minutes to see if there is chemistry between you and your date you want to ask the right questions to see if there is compatibility. Below is a list of suggested questions to ask on your speed date, they can range from silly to serious:
- What do you do for work?
It is an introductory question. It may reveal the professional status of a person but little about his/her personality. So move on to another question.
- Where are you from?
This reveals background. It throws better light on the person.
- What is the one thing about yourself that you would like me to know?
More insight into personality.
- What are you looking for in a relationship?
You can both instantly compare whether you match in this area.
- What do you think is the most important value in a relationship?
- Do you want/do you have any children?
An important question if you are looking for a long-term relationship and your partner is not.
- What do you do for fun?
This will throw light on whether your leisure activities match. Are you a bookworm and she an outdoorsy person?
- What are you most proud about?
This reveals the basic values of the person, whether he/she values money or adventure/intellectual pursuits.
You can spar on your political affiliations.
- What is your most treasured possession and why?
What a person is sentimental about reveals a great deal about his personality. Is it his bike or a locket presented by a sister?
- Which is your favorite book/movie?
Both of you can discuss why you like a book or a movie - throws further in sight into personality.
- Which is the one job in the world that you would love to do?
Throws light on likes and dislikes.
- Which is your favorite music and your favorite singer/band?
Do you share musical tastes?
- Do you like animals/keep pets?
Are you going to clash on this issue - one an animal hater, the other a pet lover?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Watch out if he has no definite goals for the future and is in a rut. A positive mark for her if she has her life and career planned out positively.
- You have got six months to live, what will you do first?
Insight into personality.
- Is sexual compatibility important to you?
Do opinions match?
- Who was your hero, as a child?
Insight into personality.
- If you won a lottery, how would you spend your millions?
Amusing question just for laughs.
- Which was the first crush you ever had?
- What makes you laugh/cry?
Really important and throws light on personality.
- If you have friends coming over, what would you cook?
- Describe your perfect holiday.
One thinks frozen Alaska, the other sunny Australia.
- Which T.V. program would you never miss?
Do your tastes match?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
Will you ever spend common time?
- Would you like to climb a mountain or trek across a desert?
Will you ever agree on holidays?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is you favorite actor/actress/celebrity and why?
- Who is your favorite sportsperson?
- What is your favorite sporting activity?
- Which is your favorite genre of movies - comedy/thriller/action?